Poggio Aione is lucky Because is situated in the center of the Tuscan Maremma, place of different aspects, Both landscape and food and wine. Since the very first moment of your holiday you will be charmed by our marvelous hills so in Their Particular lights and colors, uncontaminated simple but rich of history and hard work.

But For Those Who are not satisfied only with the Maremma offers relaxation and contemplation The Possibility to discover very interesting cultural heritage, historical, natural and gastronomic ... I thought Poggio Aione to create theme itineraries for you to make your holiday unforgettable:. You will decide than to discover the still mysterious history of the ancient Etruscan civilization That marked this region, you will discover at the launch of natural parks and of Their peace, the end of sandy beach Giannella and Ansedonia, the cliffs of Talamone, Porto Ercole and the fascinating island of Giglio. At the end you will be tempted by the Maremma typical dishes. If you are dreaming of a relaxing and peaceful holiday in touch with a still uncontaminated nature, as to the Maremma. A very fascinating land is waiting for you, wild and gentle at the same time

Enjoy yourself choosing .......

SaturniaSaturnia
The borough is divided into the main square, in the center, the church of St. Mary Magdalene and the district Bagnosecco, which lie to the north and away from the Borgo district Aurinia, the gateway of the country, located on the opposite side of the country. As already mentioned, the square is the meeting point for the people in which is located the monument to the fallen, many archaeological finds and the beautiful fountain of Felicina. The lands around Saturnia are a lot of rich travertine, in fact this material was extracted for a long time, and it is the same material as the whole of the Church of St. Mary Magdalene. Not to be forgotten are the famous thermal spa Terme di Saturnia, from which water flows sulfur springs at a temperature of 37.5 °. The spa consists of numerous pools to 'open and semi-covered, locations of hot and cold water, hot tubs. The thermal baths of Saturnia spa center offers the possibility of beauty and wellness treatments at the most 'avant-garde and curative therapies for skin problems, asthma and so on. 

MontemeranoMontemerano On the summit of the hill stands the castle, which belongs to the oldest. The castle is the most secure and intimate city, since in the room is enclosed and features a beautiful square houses with typical ornaments dating back to the sixteenth century. Among the important buildings to visit include the simple church of San Giorgio, its typical medieval appearance, does not prepare the human eye to the beautiful Renaissance works that the church whose interior. They are also extremely important frescoes that decorate the single large nave and side chapels of the apse. The entire village, which is located on a hill between olive groves is quite protected by massive city walls, the two large arched doorways, one north and one south accesses the country, from which there is a splendid view of the valley below. Do not miss it!

Sovana

In this city Etruscan influence was so strong as to leave much evidence. There are many graves and tombstones inscribed with Etruscan writings, so that the cultural and historical heritage of this land is very important for tourism and trade. And 'the last few years, the discovery of an Etruscan necropolis near the village, while the renovations to the city center have been implemented for some time. Very interesting are the main square, the Praetorian Palace and Loggia of the captain, in true medieval style. Among the most important buildings in the country include the "ciborium", the only existing pre-Romanesque structure in Tuscany, in which there are beautiful frescos of '500. In addition to a purely interested in the tourism landscape, tourist activity here focuses more specifically historical and cultural heritage.
 

 

Pitigliano

From the top of its hill, the impressive medieval fortifications of the Orsini dominates the valley below. The municipal area extends in a hilly area at the eastern end of the province of Grosseto. It was the domain of the Aldobrandeschis and then of the Orsini, and together with the nearby castle of Pitigliano, whose fate was constantly linked, it became a strength of the Roman family was in the war of the early decades of the 1400s, both in the second half of the century, when was repeatedly besieged by the troops of Siena. It remained under the rule of the Orsini until it was finally incorporated into the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. The economic activities from which they drew some gain were those of traditional agricultural crop and the craft of weaving with linen cloths and wool spinning. Currently agriculture, although a few units sold for the primacy of primary to the tertiary sector, still represents a significant resource, offering mainly cereals, olives and grapes, the territory is included in the production of "White" in Pitigliano. Next to the food industry operate some carpentry workshops and knitting.


Sorano

From the top of its hill, the impressive medieval fortifications of the Orsini dominates the valley below. The municipal area extends in a hilly area at the eastern end of the province of Grosseto. It was the domain of the Aldobrandeschis and then of the Orsini, and together with the nearby castle of Pitigliano, whose fate was constantly linked, it became a strength of the Roman family was in the war of the early decades of the 1400s, both in the second half of the century, when was repeatedly besieged by the troops of Siena. It remained under the rule of the Orsini until it was finally incorporated into the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. The economic activities from which they drew some gain were those of traditional agricultural crop and the craft of weaving with linen cloths and wool spinning. Currently agriculture, although a few units sold for the primacy of primary to the tertiary sector, still represents a significant resource, offering mainly cereals, olives and grapes, the territory is included in the production of "White" in Pitigliano. Next to the food industry operate some carpentry workshops and knitting.

Porto Santo Stefano

Because of its excellent geographical location certainly was attended by the ancient peoples who sailed in the Mediterranean. Only the Romans, however, have left tangible traces of their remote attendance and Porto S. Stefano showed their cards with different names, such as Portus Traianus, or Portus Portus to Cetarias Incitaria. Under the domination of Siena that goes from the beginning of the fifteenth century. the mid-sixteenth in Porto Santo Stefano we report only a port of importance irrelevant and subject to frequent pirate raids. To this period belong the construction of the tower Argentiera in 1442 and some coastal towers. The development of the center began only around 1550 under the Spanish Governor Orejon Nunez de Avila, and went hand in hand with the creation of the state of the deans and the building of the Spanish fort (early seventeenth century). Placed in control of the port. On May 9, 1646 Porto S. Stefano was conquered by the French, then back under Spanish rule in July of the same year, in 1707 along with all the state of the principals was conquered by the Austrians, Bourbons, and in 1737 was in this period recorded the first demographic development resulting from the appropriation in the place of many families from Naples, the island of Elba, and Liguria.In 1801 he joined the kingdom of Etruria and in 1815 with the Treaty of Vienna was assigned to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. In 1842 the Grand Duke Leopold II established the community of Monte Argentario, where Porto Santo Stefano and Porto Ercole was the capital of the fraction. Finally in 1860 with the whole Tuscan went to join the Kingdom of Italy. The Spanish Fortress is the most interesting building in the country, was built during the viceroyalty of Don Parafan de Ribera and given the lack of space dedicated to housing, most likely had more features sighting that no defense. Of note also the presence of numerous coastal towers addition to the aforementioned tower dell'Argentiera, far from the sea, situated on the hill is 25 meters high and has a square plan are not found but a single entrance doors opening in the middle wall. Until the end of World War II, the main sources of the economy santostefanese were represented agriculture, fisheries and shipping. From the sixties on the other hand has developed considerably the tourism sector coming to be the pricipale resource in the economy of the country.

 

Orbetello

The peculiar geography of the peninsula of Orbetello has helped make it a land area, representing a valid naval harbor sheltered from the stormy south-west winds and a point fioriente trade with the cities' hinterland. As demonstrated by the perimeter walls, Orbetello is equipped with fortifications since ancient times. Over the centuries, the various rulers have renovated, expanded and modified the existing defensive structures, you still have the certainty that the fortifications built by the Spaniards were built above medieval buildings already upgraded the Republic of Siena. The largest part of the fortifications orbetellane stands on the most vulnerable side that looks the mainland, in the Middle Ages provided small square towers. Remains of towers are also located where now stands the bastion of St. Mary and Rocca (now former fortress). The walls The walls orbetellane are commonly attributed to the Etruscan and Roman art, but recent studies have shown that probably goes back to their realization Villanovians, people dedicated to hunting and fishing that lived in the lagoon area about 10 centuries BC, as witnessed by presence in the territory, some of the artefacts found in Terrarossa of Monte Argentario and the countryside Orbetellana in S. Donato. Looking closely at the "Cyclopean Walls", you can see some arches that seem to have been walled in the same period after the construction of the walls, he sees one in particular, through which the boats could probably get through a channel the current Piazza Garibaldi, leaving thinking that once the water reached the city center. Piazza Garibaldi Piazza Garibaldi, once Independence Square, was once nicknamed "Square Bivouac", reflecting the fact that for centuries the orbetellani love to stroll, relax and chat in the square and adjacent streets. On the palace that dominates it, rises the Clock Tower 25 meters high and with a bell cast by public subscription in 1506 and under his watch, there is a monument to Giuseppe Garibaldi, which also gives its name today. The square is bordered by an old newspaper kiosk, built in 1906 (renovated in 1967 then) and many shops of historic origin, such as Cosana Pharmacy, who was born in 1830, or the Lucchese Cafe, open all night, where the highwayman Tiburzi also went secretly to enjoy the famous drink. Until 1927 it was also a wonderful fountain, built by Lorraine, and then, in 1927, the fountain was moved to the seaplane, from which mysteriously disappeared into thin air during the years of the last world war. And 'in Piazza Garibaldi that focuses the social life of the city, and it is also here that you have always performed all historical events, cultural and political.

 

Argentario

It communicates with the sea through the channels of lobster and Ansedonia, and the Albenga river through the New Channel to buckle or Saline. The Argentario is characterized by a rugged terrain that reaches its peak foot high at 635 meters in the Mount Telegraph. It 'almost entirely covered by Mediterranean vegetation, but there are areas devoted to agriculture (olives, grapes, fruit trees). Of the two dunes, Feniglia has retained the full vegetation and is completely covered by pine trees. It 'a striking sight, almost tropical, see this long stretch tree that is bordered by the beach. While tomboli have a beach several kilometers long, the beaches of Monte Argentario are not large. In fact the whole of the coast is jagged and sometimes only in the creeks are small beaches, whose origin is in the deposits that form when the streams flow to the sea. Another aspect of the Argentario, is not well known to tourists, is the wealth in caves. They differ according to the nature of the coastal caves are in fact the origin of the erosive action of the sea, the inner ones depend on the karst. Given the extraordinary beauty and uniqueness of the landscape, it is not surprising if the most important economic resource Argentario is based precisely on tourism, mainly elitist, but also popular.